Terms & conditions:
1. Submissions open 9 am AEST 1 August 2018 and close 5 pm AEST 31 October 2018.
2. The manuscript should be a work of adult crime/mystery fiction of approximately 30,000 – 50,000 words.
3. The winner will be notified in strict confidence in January 2019, at which time the winner must agree to keep this news confidential until the official announcement in February 2019.
4. Pending acceptance of the publishing contract, the winning entry will be published in the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand in May 2019.
5. Entrants must be aged 18 years and over.
6. All persons, other than immediate family members of Brio Books Pty Ltd, Stark House Press and Carter Brown Foundation staff, may enter the competition.
7. Submissions must be made electronically in Word format via Submittable.
8. The manuscript must be an original work, written entirely by the entrant and it must be written in English.
9. No more than 10 per cent of the manuscript can have been previously published in print form, or in electronic form, on a commercial basis.
10. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. If, in their opinion, no entry is worthy of publication, no winner shall be chosen. No entrant may win the award in successive years.